So that we can continue to work with you in your own home, we have set up Telerehab. Telerehab allows us to continue to work with you safely, with you in your own home. When you use Telerehab, you will be able to see and hear your therapist using your mobile phone, tablet or iPad. You will also be able to talk to your therapist.
Before you can get started using Telerehab, you will need to set up Zoom on your mobile phone, tablet, or iPad. Zoom is a tool for video communications – using Zoom means you will be able to see and hear your therapist.
You will only need to set up Zoom once. Your therapist will phone you and talk you through the instructions for setting up Zoom. Once you have done this, you will be able to join the session with your therapist.
If you have any questions about using Zoom, please call your therapist. We want to reassure you that Zoom is a safe way of communicating with us and is used by thousands of individuals and businesses every day.
You will need
- An email address so that we can send you an invitation to your therapy session
- A mobile phone / tablet / iPad that you can read your emails on and that you will use for your Telerehab session
- Zoom on your mobile phone / tablet / iPad so that you can join your Telerehab session
Setting up Zoom on your device
If you don’t already have Zoom on the device (mobile phone / tablet / iPad) that you will be using for your Telerehab sessions, you will first need to install the Zoom app.
The instructions for installing the Zoom app vary depending on the type of device that you have. Your therapist will call you and take you through the steps that you will need to take, if you need support with this.
You will find the Zoom app in
- the App Store if you are using an iPad or iPhone.
- The Play Store if you are using a Tablet or an Android phone.
How to install the Zoom app
1. Search for the Zoom app and click install
2. You will need to set up an account:
- Enter your email address (Zoom will ask for your work email address – use the address that we contact you on)
- You will need to choose a password for your account
3. Alternatively, if you have a Facebook or Google account, you can use these to sign in to Zoom.
4. Once you have set up an account, you will see the Zoom icon
You are now set up with Zoom and can join your Telerehab session.
Joining your Telerehab session
Your therapist will send an invitation to your email address inviting you to join your Telerehab session. The invitation will look like this:
- You can join your session by clicking on the Zoom meeting link.
- When you join the meeting, your screen will look like this. Click on ‘Join Audio’ and ‘Start video’ to join your Telerehab session
- Click "Call via Device Audio" shown above &
- "Start Video" above.
- You are now in your Telerehab session. You will be able to see and hear your therapist, and talk to them too. Your screen will look like this:
2. At the end of your session, you should ensure you let your therapist know any feedback on the session. Your therapist will then advise you they are ending the session and end the call.