For Neurological conditions such as Stroke, Traumatic brain injury, incomplete spinal cord injury, Parkinson's disease or Cerebral Palsy, the AlterG can help with the following:
- Supports motor learning in a fall-safe environment.
- Enables repetition of functional activities like walking and standing while preserving normal mechanics.
- Provides support in a controlled setting for static and dynamic standing practice for balance, control, and strength.
The AlterG has made a major improvement in my rehabilitation. It has allowed me to walk and even small bursts of jogging. There are definite, measurable lines of progression. The AlterG challenges me and gives me a sense of normality.Andrew Elliott, PhysioFunction Neurological Client
AlterG Clinical Evidence for Neurological Conditions
The AlterG team are committed to proper scientific investigation to prove the clinical benefits of using the anti gravity device. We are pleased to be able to share with you links to studies that have been undertaken in the area of Neurological Rehabilitation whilst using the Alter G.
Links to the abstracts can be found below, for the full research article, please complete the contact form by clicking here
1. Anti-gravity training improves walking capacity and postural balance in patients with muscular dystrophy
2. Effects of Lower Body Positive Pressure Treadmill Training on Dynamic Balance of Children with Cerebral Palsy (more research available - please contact us)
3. Pressure-controlled treadmill training in chronic stroke: a case study with AlterG.
4. Treadmill training with body weight support: its effect on Parkinson's disease.
For more information about the Alter G, please contact our Client Services Team on 0800043 0327 or send a message via our contact form by clicking here.