PhysioFunction are now able to offer Government Approved COVID-19 PCR Real Time Testing.
What will happen during the test?
You will be given the swab testing kit and will obtain a swab sample (using a long cotton bud) from the back of the throat and inside of the nose.
The test is self-administered in your car at our clinic in Northamptonshire.
You will need to view the video and carefully read the instructions before attending in order that you can perform the test effectively.
Trained support staff will be able to clarify any questions that you may have about performing the test.
Medical clinicians are also on site to provide further support if required.
The appointment is conducted under social distancing guidelines with full PPE.
Swabs are then taken to the laboratory on the same day for analysis and results are available by email within 24-48 hours from 5.30pm on day of test.
Which PCR Tests are we using?
20/30 Labs are a UKAS accredited testing facility and are considered to be the UK’s leading microbiological consultancy. The PCR analysers used at 20/30 Labs are twice as sensitive as those routinely used in NHS testing. This means that it can detect individuals without symptoms - Asymptomatic Carriers- and the presence or otherwise of the virus of those with symptoms.
Who can we test?
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 – Adults and Children over 8 years.
- If you have been in contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19, we can test for the virus in Asymptomatic Carriers – Adults and Children over 8 years.
- If you are travelling abroad and require a COVID-19 Test – Adults and Children over 8 years.
- PCR Testing for Businesses.
How much is a test?
Our test and analysis costs: £120.00*. *includes an admin fee.
*SPECIAL PRICE WHEN BOOKING IN MARCH - £100 PER TEST*
If you need to book more than one test, please book the number of appointments for the number of tests required.
Click to Book
*SPECIAL PRICE FOR MARCH - £100 PER TEST*
Please be aware that we open a limited number of slots at a time. If the date you require is not currently showing, please check again closer to your preferred booking date.
To find us, we are on Google Maps or use Hydrock, Spratton in Sat Nav instead of the postcode.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL | NO BOOKING = NO TEST
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes than your appointed slot.
- If you are late, you will be allocated another slot later in the day. Do not arrive after your allotted time.
- If we cannot offer you slot within 24 hours of your missed slot, we will refund your test money less costs associated with booking and refunding
- You MUST book a test on-line - if you arrive at our clinic without an appointment we cannot take a test.
Information about the Testing - Please READ.
The RT-PCR test performed by our UKAS accredited testing lab is highly sensitive to the presence of the genetic material of the virus that causes Covid-19.
A positive test with symptoms indicates that you are highly likely to have active Covid-19, and need to take the measures outlined by UK Government and Public Health England (PHE).
A positive test in the absence of symptoms can be interpreted as follows:
· At the time of the test, you were positive for Covid-19, but asymptomatic. You may or may not subsequently develop symptoms.
· You have come into direct or indirect contact e.g. through touching contaminated surfaces, with someone who is positive for Covid-19. The RT-PCR test has picked up the particles of this third party in your test sample.
The RT-PCR test cannot distinguish between the two scenarios. You should therefore need to take the measures outlined by UK Government and Public Health England (PHE) for a positive test.
If you are seeking “fit for flying” certification and you have had a positive test but do not have symptoms, we recommend that you seek the advice of your airline or travel agent, and travel insurer.
Our testing is approved by the Government for:
- Fit to Fly Test - bookable above.
- Test To Release Test - Please contact email@example.com for more information about this test.